Conference 2020: Southbury, CT April 1-3, 2020
New England Educational Opportunity Association
Preserving the Past, Motivating the Present, Empowering the Future
Date and Location
- The 2020 NEOA annual conference will be held April 1-3, 2020 at the Heritage Hotel, Golf, Spa, & Conference Center in Southbury, Connecticut.
- Hotel Location: 522 Heritage Road, Southbury, Connecticut 06488
- Price: $135/night, plus $7.00/night resort fee
- Reservations by phone - Reservation Specialist: 203-264-8200 (use prompt #5).
- Reservations online: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.07029.html?groupId=2C8NH9U8. (Please edit the dates on top when making reservations)
- Guests are also welcome to book directly with Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. CHRIS KUKK is the HarperCollins author of The Compassionate
Achiever, co-host of The Compassionate Achiever Podcast, founding Director of the
Center for Compassion, Creativity and Innovation, Professor of Political Science/Social
Science at Western Connecticut State University, a Fulbright Scholar, Director of the
Kathwari Honors Program, and member of Phi Beta Kappa. He received his Ph.D. in
political science from Boston College and his B.A. from Boston University. He was also
an international security fellow at Harvard University’s Belfer Center for Science and
International Affairs. His research and publications combine neuroscience with the social
sciences and focus on understanding how weaving values such as compassion into our
learning, civic, and business communities affect levels of financial, intellectual, and
social capital. Dr. Kukk was also a counter-intelligence agent for the United States Army,
a research associate for Cambridge Energy Research Associates, and has provided the
A.P., NPR, The Economist magazine, and other media outlets with analysis on a wide
range of topics and issues.
- Click here to download the conference schedule (PDF)
Registration Cancellation Refund Policy
2020 Alumni Reception
- Details about the alumni reception will be posted at a later date.
Online Vendor Payment
Conference Booklets in PDF Format
2019 Conference Booklet
2018 Conference Booklet
2017 Conference Booklet
2016 Conference Booklet
2015 Conference Booklet
2014 Conference Booklet
2013 Conference Booklet
2012 Conference Booklet
2009 Conference Booklet
Below is the schedule for the location of TRIO Day and the Annual Conference for the next several years.
|April 2019 - Rhode Island||February 2019 - New Hampshire|
|April 2020 - Connecticut||February 2020 - Massachusetts|
|April 2021 - New Hampshire||February 2021 - Maine|
|April 2022 - Massachusetts||February 2022 - Vermont|
|April 2023 - Maine||February 2023 - Rhode Island|
|April 2024 - Vermont||February 2024 - Connecticut|
|April 2025 - Rhode Island||February 2025 - New Hampshire|
|April 2026 - Connecticut||February 2026 - Massachusetts|
*** Schedule subject to change.
Questions, comments, and willing volunteers should be directed to: