Jerry Ellis Professional Development Fund
The Jerry Ellis Professional Development Fund is Ready to Receive applications!
- Must be an NEOA member
- Has worked in a TRIO/EOP program for at least 6 months
- Must demonstrate need - why their program can’t pay the cost
Suggested types of eligible professional development opportunities:
- The proposed training must relate to Educational Opportunity work, participants they serve, and the work an applicant currently performs or plans to perform in the near future.
- The PD is offered by a legitimate/credible organization
- Types / topics that would be eligible:
- Direct Service: Enhanced skills and knowledge serving the following: participants, parents, schools and partners
- Individual skill development for professional/career goals: management and leadership, supervision, technology, grant writing, advocacy, etc.
- Program Development, Operations and Enhancement: building/strengthening partners and stakeholders, PR, strategic planning, organizational structure and operations (record keeping, compliance, etc).
- AMLI or state/regional conference support IF their institution can’t fund the cost. We suggest that this gets funded ONLY in unusual circumstances. These may include:
- Frozen program funds by DOE or institution
- Administrative specialists seeking technical training
- Newly hired staff without program funds to support PD
Range of awards:
- Depending on how much the board allocates in a given year, we propose a range of $500-$1,500 per award.
- For now, the application process will follow the NEOA fiscal year, will have no deadline and will be awarded on a rolling basis depending on available funds.
- We suggest that applicants apply at least 2 months before they need the funds.
- Will be clearly articulated for Awardees to report back to the NEOA board on their outcomes from attending the PD event and how they can share their learnings.