Professional Development Proposals for 2017-2018
The NEOA board is pleased to announce that proposals are now being accepted for 2017-2018. The deadline for proposals is June 14, 2017 for fall and winter events, and proposals will be considered at the NEOA board meeting on June 15-16, 2017. If you are interested in running a PD event next year, I would love to work with you on it!
Click here to download the 2017-2018 Professional Development proposal form
Click here to visit the NEOA Leadership Institute web page.
EOC Professional Development Day
SSS Professional Development Day
- The SSS Professional Development Day was held on November 18, 2016 at Manchester Community College in Manchester, CT.
- The cost is free for NEOA members, and $65 for non-members.
- If you have any questions, please contact Jason Scappaticci by email at email@example.com.
Upward Bound Professional Development Day
- The UB Professional Development Day was held on September 9, 2016 at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH.
- To pay your UB professional development registration fee online, please click here.
- To download a PDF document of event information, click here.
- To pay your 2016-2017 NEOA membership online, please click here. If you need to renew your membership, click here.
Other Professional Development Events
Understanding Gender Identity & Sexuality
- This event took place January 19, 2016 at Castleton University in Castleton, Vermont.
- Presenter: Lyndon Cudlitz - Training and Education Manager, Pride Center of the Capital Region
- Description: This interactive training addresses sexual orientation and gender identity, the messages we receive and how those messages paint our experience. Learn about specific challenges that LGBTQ people face like coming out, healthy development, accessing appropriate care and navigating other systems that the LGBTQ community have historically been excluded from. Heterosexism, homophobia and transphobia will also be explored. We will also address gender identity and expression, transgender identity, and the unique experiences of trans* students. Attention will be given to the challenges faced by trans* and gender non-conforming (GNC) youth and what schools/professionals can do to create safer, more affirming educational environments for trans*/GNC students.
- Price: Free for NEOA members, $65 for non-members
- Registration: Registration is now closed.
- If you have already registered and need to pay the non-member fee, please click here to pay the fee online through PayPal.
For more information about NEOA Professional Development events, please contact the Professional Development chair.