Conference 2017: Portland, ME April 12 - 14, 2017
New England Educational Opportunity Association
Date and Location
- The 2017 annual conference will be held April 12-14, 2017 at the Westin Portland Harborview hotel in Portland, Maine.
2017 Pre-Conference Information
- Title: The World Climate Simulation: An Interactive, Effective, and Fun Tool to Engage Students with Sustainability Science and Policy
- Description: The importance of sustainability will only grow during our students' lifetimes, as will the need for sustainability-literate citizens and professionals of all types. We have developed an interactive and engaging simulation that has been shown to deliver significant gains in students' knowledge, motivation, and desire to learn more in this area: the World Climate simulation. World Climate is an active learning experience in which students take on the roles of negotiators and are challenged to create a sustainable global future. Their negotiations are framed by current scientific understanding in real-time through our interactive computer model, C-ROADS, which is also used for real-world climate policy analysis within the highest levels of the US government, the UN, the private sector, and NGOs, as well as by citizens and students around the world. Experience the simulation yourself and learn how you can bring this innovative, scientifically rigorous, free, and easy-to-use resource to your students.
- Date: Tuesday, April 11, 2017
- Time: Pre-conference registration is from 12:30 - 1:00 PM, and the pre-conference is from 1:00 - 5:00 PM.
- Click here to pay your pre-conference fee online (only for NEOA non-members that are attending ONLY the pre-conference).
Registration Cancellation Refund Policy
- Please follow the link below to reserve your room at the Westin Portland Harborview Hotel for the special group rate of $129 per night.
- There is also a parking fee of $5 per night.
- Be sure to make your reservation prior to March 2, 2017. Reservations after March 2 cannot be guaranteed.
- Click here to reserve your hotel room online
- Please click here to download the conference ad submission form (PDF) (Microsoft Word)
- Submission Instructions: Please email your ad in PDF format to Cote Theriault at email@example.com.
- Payment Instructions: Please click here to pay for your ad online through PayPal. To pay with a check, please make your check payable to NEOA and mail it with the ad submission form to the address given in the submission form.
- If you have any questions, please contact Cote Theriault at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference Booklets in PDF Format
2015 Conference Booklet
2014 Conference Booklet
2013 Conference Booklet
2012 Conference Booklet
2009 Conference Booklet
Below is the upcoming schedule for the location of TRIO Day and the Annual Conference for the next several years.
|April 2014 - Connecticut||February 2014 - Massachusetts|
|April 2015 - New Hampshire||February 2015 - Maine|
|April 2016 - Massachusetts||February 2016 - Vermont|
|April 2017 - Maine||February 2017 - Rhode Island|
|April 2018 - Vermont||February 2018 - Connecticut|
|April 2019 - Rhode Island||February 2019 - New Hampshire|
|April 2020 - Connecticut||February 2020 - Massachusetts|
*** Schedule subject to change.
Questions, comments, and willing volunteers should be directed to: